July 12, 2006

russell speaks

my life has been a twisted turn of gardens and chains.

the greens are my greatest joy, where i can speed-gallop around the trees that mildly resemble a jungle. i have an abundance of playtoys, ready to be swung around or thrown anytime at all. my humble abode is made comfy by pieces of soft cloth self-made into a pillow.

most importantly, i adore my family. and i hope, so do they.

recently though, i have not been feeling too well. it is as though there is a veil over my eyes fogging my vision. my skin hurts, and red spots have been breaking out in masses. the area around my eyes are a little sore. i itch all over. the most frustrating thing is not being able to do anything about it.

i've been to the vet five times in 2 weeks.

nevermind the countless jabs, pills and tortureful examinations. there are only a few things that will make me happy.

i long to remove that greyish film clouding my sight. i wish to shed my skin, and have a fresh new coat of free from irritation of any sort. i hope to be able to gauge distances, not just so that i will be able to find my toys but also to avoid minor accidents such as walking into pails. i want to be able to run freely without any care in the world.

most of all, i yearn for the company of those whom i love so dearly.

their touch can soothe any pain and chase all my blues away. their unbreaking strength will carry me through this bleak patch of unmarked territory. this wordless bond will hold me calm, strong and ever willing to fight this over.

4 comments:

AmAndAserAph said...

poor russell =(
get well soon. i wanna see you when i come back in december kie. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

This was a weird post. Just weird.

Anonymous said...

it is not a weird post... you should think about how much liss loves russell... and how the poor thing feels right now... get well soon ya pup!

liss said...

manda, im going back to melb soon! thanks for russell's well wishes.

..weird or not, russ is one strong baby. he's a happy dog, he's not letting his eyesight or skin rash deter him at all.

thanks korr.