March 01, 2007

cloudy skies


kl feels like a dream. it's as if summer just flew by in a cloud of holidays, catching ups, internships, home-cooked food and angpaus. like it never actually happened.

it's that time of the month again, where the what ifs chipmunks pop out from the log holes, staring at you with the juxtaposing forlorn eyes and cheeky smile.

when i first saw possums at the flagstaff gardens, i remember thinking they looked like chipmunks.
in fact my brother used to look like a chipmunk.


what if i didnt go back home for the holidays?
would i feel this lost?
what if i did a summer semester here?
would i have scored higher, with less distractions around?
would i be more involved in aiesec?
would i be more equipped with the technical expertise needed to get me through?
would i be more passionate, more optimistic.. more outspoken?
what if i did go home, but came back here a week later?
would i have escaped that fateful day of unfortunate events?
would my room be ready for me?
what would life be if i had grown up here my whole life instead?
would i turn out just like the rest of the ABCs, creamy white rosy complexios, high noses, distint accent?
would i have the same personality?
would i have the same values?

fayelove, i need who moved my cheese too. i hope it has done you some good.
HUGS, everyone.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

"what would life be if i had grown up here my whole life instead?"

sounds more like my question.

Anonymous said...

You can't ask yourself "what if" as it continues endlessly. What you can do now is look forward and choose the path you think is right!
Even trees start from a tiny seed,
what about yours?

liss said...

anonymous:
true, but worry not, this isnt regret- more of mere musings that assail me every now and then.

opportunity costs, foregone chances, decisions made.

dan:
one, you would have grown up a half-bred malaysian and true-blue ausssie.
two, you wouldnt have known the people you now know.

right now, you have the best of both worlds!

revel in me said...

Why is your vocabulary so astoundingly collosal???

Haha.

I'll be doing up my links soon too, my links all disappeared, bleah. I'll add you too k! :)